Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Bad Day For American Consumers

Obama to impose tariffs on Chinese tires by Jennifer Loven, AP White House Correspondent, Friday, September 11, 2009.

A Victory for the Protectionists by Greg Mankiw.

Punitive Tariffs Are On Americans, NOT the Chinese by Mark Perry.

As Mark Perry says in his Carpe Diem blog:
President Barack Obama has slapped punitive 35% TAXES on AMERICAN CONSUMERS (including the poor and middle-class) for all car and light truck tires VOLUNTARILY PURCHASED from Chinese producers...
How nice that 12 percent of the workforce, union workers, gets to penalize the other 88 percent. President for the few that belong to a union.

No comments:

Post a Comment