Saturday, January 12, 2013

Why Doesn't Amazon Provide Free Digital Cloud-Based Copies Of Hard Books As It Does For Physical CDs? Probably Coming Soon

Posted by Milton Recht:

I own a Kindle Fire and use it for reading, email, video, games and other things. Over the years, I purchased many books from Amazon. It would be a nice Kindle feature to have digital access to books I purchased as hard copies. When I purchase a new book, it also would be pleasant to have it available to me as both a hard copy and a digital copy. There are occasions when I enjoy reading a physical book and there are occasions when a digital copy is more convenient and enjoyable. Shouldn't my purchase of a book allow me to read it in both formats for the same price?

From "Amazon to Provide CD Buyers With Cloud-Based MP3s For Free (Update: It’s Just Launched!)" by Jamie Condliffe:
CNET is reporting that Amazon is planning to launch a reward scheme for CD buyers. When they purchase music in its physical form, they'll also receive a digital copy, which they'll be able to listen to via Amazon's cloud music service.

Update: The service is now live! See below for more details

Codenamed "Auto Rip", the service will automatically deposit the audio tracks into the customer's Amazon cloud account upon purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment